“A nice change from sandwiches for lunchboxes. Also a good savoury option when asked to bring a plate.”
Savoury snack or starter
Country or culture of origin:
Number of serves: 32
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: No cooking
200g hummus (store bought or home-made)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp lemon juice
4 pieces of lavash bread or any rectangular wrap
2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 thinly sliced green onions
250g shaved chicken (or finely diced cooked chicken breast)
1. Combine hummus, spices and juice in a bowl.
2. Place lavash bread on the bench and divide the hummus evenly between the 4 pieces. Spread the hummus, leaving a space around the edges.
3. Sprinkle over the coriander and green onion.
4. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on top.
5. Roll up the lavash from the short side, swiss roll style to enclose the fillings.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. To serve, slice each roll into 8 even slices, each approximately 2cm thick.
Serving suggestion: Serve as finger food.
Recipe authors: The family of Maeve B.