“This is simple, colourful and delicious. We often make it at Christmas-time as it is red and green.”
Salad or vegetables
Country or culture of origin:
Number of serves: 6
Special diets: Vegetarian
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: No cooking
1 cup dry couscous
1 red capsicum
1 green capsicum
2 sticks celery
1/2 cup sultanas or raisins
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1. Prepare couscous according to packet instructions.
2. Dice capsicum and celery. The finer the dice the better, should be smaller than 1/2cm cubes.
3. Combine couscous, capsicum, celery and sultanas in a bowl.
4. In a jar, combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Shake well.
5. Pour dressing over couscous and mix well.
Serving suggestion: Serve with barbecued meat.
Recipe authors: The family of Maeve B.