“So easy to prepare and tastes so delicious”
Dessert or sweet snack
Country or culture of origin: Middle East
Number of serves: 12
Special diets: Fish and shellfish free, Halal
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
3 cups flour
1 cup semolina
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp tumeric
4 Tbsp milk powder
500mL hot water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a cake tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, except for the sugar.
3. In another large bowl, dissolve the sugar in hot water and add the oil.
4. When all of the sugar has dissolved, stir in the dry ingredients.
5. Stir well until the mixture is well combined.
6. Scoop the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Serving suggestion: Serve with tea.
Recipe authors: The family of Hussein C.