“Reminds us of Nonna’s Anzacs”
Dessert or sweet snack
Country or culture of origin: Australia
Number of serves: 30 biscuits
Special diets: Fish and shellfish free, Vegetarian
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup brown sugar
6 Tbsp golden syrup
1. Prehead oven to 180°C.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan and add the golden syrup.
3. In a large bowl, mix all of the other ingredients with a spoon.
4. Add the butter and golden syrup and mix well.
5. Roll the mixture into balls and space them out on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
7. Cool on baking tray.
HINT: For firmer biscuits, use a longer baking time.
Variations: add in flaked almonds or dried fruit such as sultanas.
Serving suggestion: Firmer biscuits make nice ice-cream sandwiches or a cheesecake base.
Recipe authors: The family of Tommy and Georgia D.