“With a fresh and summery taste and a great balance of different textures, this salad is a family favourite. Even the meat lovers are fans!”
Salad or vegetables
Country or culture of origin:
Number of serves: 4-6
Special diets: Gluten free, Vegetarian
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes to prepare/cook the quinoa
1 cup dry quinoa
2/3 punnet cherry tomatoes
1/2 Lebanese cucumber
1 small avocado
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
90g feta, crumbled
handful of baby spinach, washed
1-2 Tbsp chopped mint
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions. Alternatively, cook the quinoa in a rice cooker (1.5 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa). Allow to cool.
2. Quarter the cherry tomatoes, dice the cucumber and avocado and slice the olives.
3. Combine with the quinoa, feta, baby spinach and mint in a bowl.
4. In a jar, combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Shake well.
5. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and mix well.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving suggestion: Perfect as either a healthy lunch or a side salad for a BBQ.
Recipe authors: The family of Mara and Reuben W.