Dessert or sweet snack
Number of serves: 20 balls
Special diets: Dairy and lactose free, Fish and shellfish free, Vegetarian, Vegan
Difficulty: Intermediate cooks
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: No cooking
From the family of Mrs D’Arrigo
2 cups oats
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup almond meal
1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp 100% cocoa powder
2 Tbsp 100% maple syrup
1 Tbsp coconut oil
Water if required
Extra coconut for rolling
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor.
2. Blend for about 1 minute or until the ingredients are smooth.
3. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time. Blend and repeat this process until the mixture forms a thick clump.
4. Using a tablespoon as a size guide, gather mixture and roll into a ball, using your hands.
5. Drop the ball into some extra desiccated coconut and roll to cover the outside of the ball.
6. Place the balls on a tray with baking paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
7. The balls may be kept in the fridge or freezer and taken out and eaten as required.
Serving suggestion: Great for a treat or after a workout!