Country or culture of origin: Italy
Number of serves: 8
Difficulty: Intermediate cooks
Preparation time: 20 min preparation time, 1hr dough resting time
Cooking time: 8-10 min
From the family of Petria B.
3 cups plain flour, plus extra for dusting work surface
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried yeast
325mL lukewarm water
Passata with Basil sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
pieces of ham and salami
1. Place flour, salt and yeast in electric mixer bowl with dough hook on speed 1.
2. Slowly add water to the bowl.
3. Mix on speed 2 for 10 minutes. Dough should be lifting off bowl as it spins. If it is too sticky, add some more flour.
4. Massage some oil on the top and bottom of the dough, using the oil on your hands to unstick dough from mixer bowl.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a tea towel, and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, place the dough on a lightly dusted chopping board or bench.
7. Using a knife, divide the dough in half. Gently roll each half into a ball, lightly dusting with flour so the balls of dough are not sticky.
8. Leave the balls of dough to rest for a further 30 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 230°C.
10. Sprinkle some flour on the chopping board or bench and spread the dough with fingers leaving a border.
11. Sprinkle some flour on pizza trays and place the pizza bases on the trays, using your fingers to keep spreading out the dough.
12. Spread some olive oil on each pizza base.
13. Spread some Passata with Basil sauce on the pizza bases.
14. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each pizza.
15. Add pieces of ham and salami and a handful of halved olives to each pizza.
16. Cook in preheated oven for 8–10 minutes.