“Tempting for our fussy vegetarian.”
Country or culture of origin:
Number of serves: 6 mini quiches
Special diets: Nut free, Fish and shellfish free, Vegetarian
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 puff pastry sheet
2 eggs, lightly beaten
splash of milk
a handful of baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line 6 wells of a cupcake tray with baking paper.
2. Remove the pastry sheets from the freezer and leave to thaw while making the filling.
3. To a bowl, add the lightly beaten egg and a splash of milk.
4. Stir in the baby spinach and tasty cheese and season with salt and pepper.
5. When the pastry is only just defrosted and still cold, use a sharp knife to cut 6 circles of puff pastry, each about 8-9cm diameter, by tracing around a mug or other round shape.
6. Take each circle of pastry and line the wells of the cupcake tray, pushing the pastry down onto the baking paper.
7. Divide the egg mixture between the pastry shells.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the egg is cooked through.
Serving suggestion: Serve with salad or vegetables.
Recipe authors: The family of Matilda and Molly S.