Country or culture of origin: Australia
Number of serves: 1
Special diets: Vegetarian
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
From the family of Molly and Matilda S.
1 slice of bread
1. Use a scone cutter or sharp knife to make a hole in the bread.
2. Butter both sides of the bread and the cut out circle with a generous amount of butter.
3. Heat a frying pan (or BBQ) and place the slice of bread and the circle of bread on the pan.
4. Add a dob of butter to pan in the hole in the bread and wait until the butter has melted.
5. Crack the egg straight into the hole and cook on a medium heat.
6. When the eggwhite is almost cooked through, flip over the bread and the circle of bread to cook the other side.
HINT: Some people in our family prefer to lightly beat the egg before cooking, or they like to break the yolk while the egg is cooking in the pan. Others like only the eggwhite.
Serving suggestion: Serve with crispy bacon and a cup of tea.