“We make wonder waffles for a delicious sweet dessert that’s quick and easy. We make them crunchy or soft and top them with maple syrup, jam, or ice cream.”
Dessert or sweet snack
Country or culture of origin:
Number of serves: 4
Difficulty: Beginner cooks
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
280g self-raising flour
2 Tbsp of sugar
butter (optional for grill pan frying)
1. Combine all main ingredients in a bowl and mix to make a smooth batter.
2. Pour desired amount of batter into waffle maker.
3. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
1. Place grill pan over a high heat.
2. Add a teaspoon of butter and as soon as butter is melted pour the waffle batter into the pan.
3. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for approximately two minutes before flipping.
4. Cook for a further few minutes until golden.
Repeat until all waffle batter has been used.
Serving suggestion: Top with chocolate or maple syrup, jam or ice cream.
Recipe authors: The family of Andre and Pasquale C.